I’ve been enjoying these weekly practice tips for years. They contain great pearls of wisdom.
Here is a great series of video lessons by Harvey Pittel discussing the saxophone pedagogy of Joe Allard.
Harvey Pittel presents the Saxophone Teachings of the Master, Joe Allard.
Here is one of my favorite blogs on the practicing the saxophone. Lots of great tips and ideas.
Casa Valdez Studios.
1. Long Tones on all of the notes on the horn.
2. Overtone Slurring and Matching from Developing a Personal Saxophone Sound by David Liebman.
3. Intonation practice with a tuning drone.
4. Tonguing – Bach Violin Partitas and Flute Sonatas from Larry Teal’s Art of Saxophone Playing and Saxophonist’s Workbook.
5. Vibrato Studies with a metronome.
6. Three Octave Scales and Chords by Joe Allard.
7. Learning tunes and playing along with records, jazz and otherwise.
8. Recording my improvisation on tunes and critiquing the playback.
Anybody have some other ideas? What has worked for you?